A Guide on How to Install deadlines screen on objects?
Matters with Deadlines
If a matter is registered, you can use the Deadlines page to create a table of deadlines for trigger events. A trigger event is an event associated with the matter. You specify trigger events on the Select Event page when you create deadlines. Each trigger date has a main deadline, but it also has other deadlines for events leading up to or after the trigger event. After you create deadlines, you can create appointments and tasks to keep track of those deadlines.
Registering a Matter
To associate court deadlines with a matter, you must register the matter. Note: You must have the rights to register and unregister a matter. Contact the system administrator for these rights.
To register a matter
1. Open a matter.
2. Click Deadlines in the left pane.
3. From the Deadlines page, click Register Matter.
4. When the Create Case box appears, specify a jurisdiction on the Jurisdiction page in one of the following ways:
o Click a Recent Jurisdiction to select it.
o Enter a search term in the Search All Jurisdictions field to select a jurisdiction from a list of search results.
After you click a jurisdiction, you continue to the next page.
5. From the Exclusions page, place check-marks in each group of deadlines that do not apply to your case. If you exclude a group, those deadlines do not appear in the list when you are creating deadlines. If you want to include all deadline types, you do not need to place a check-mark in any of the check-boxes.
6. Click Next.
7. From the Confirmation page, review the case information.
8. Click Submit.
Note: If you close a matter, you must unregister the matter. If you do not unregister, the matter is still on Aderant's servers and you are responsible for paying for the registered matter.
Creating Appointments for Deadlines
Create appointments for deadlines associated with the matter so that you can assign a period of time to the deadlines. These tasks will automatically be flagged as generated from Deadlines for easier searching and reporting.
To create appointments for deadlines
1. From the Deadlines page, specify which deadlines you want to create appointments for by selecting the check-boxes to the left of the deadline. You can select all deadlines by clicking the first check-box.
2. Click the Create Appointments button.
3. From the Create Appointment popup, select Attendees for the appointment. The list of attendees includes the assignees for the matter and your name. The option will default to the primary assignee on the matter.
4. Select the Start Time and End Time drop-down fields to enter the time of the appointment.
Users with Deadlines 2.0+ can also complete the Location field.
5. Click Submit.
To view all deadlines for one trigger event
1. From the Deadlines page, select a trigger in the Triggers list above the deadlines table.
2. Click the Filter Deadline by Triggers button. The table updates with the deadlines for the trigger you selected. Click All in the list, and click Filter Deadline by Triggers to view all triggers events again.
To make a support request
If you have questions about a deadline, you can make a support request to receive a response from Aderant. Whether or not you can make a support request from Aderant depends on your contract with Mitratech.
Note: Sending a support request to Aderant is different from contacting Mitratech support.
1. From the Deadlines table, click the symbol in the Action column for the deadline.
2. Enter a description of your question regarding the deadline in the Your question regarding this deadline is field.
3. Enter your name and email address to receive a response to your question in the To whom would you like us to respond? field.
4. Click Submit.