Skip to main content
Overview of the Initial Setup Process
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Once you have signed up for CSM, a client record for your law department is created in Collaborati, and your designated contact (as identified in item 2 of Prerequisites) will receive the initial email notification containing a user ID and a password for connecting to Collaborati.
- Your designated CSM Admin group members will need to fill in information on the following pages of the CSM Settings object:
- Connection page
- General page
- Default Rates page
- E-billing Roles page
- Once the connection has been established, the vendor records for all of your vendors (step 4 of Prerequisites) will be created in Collaborati by Mitratech, and pulled into your CSM settings. This information will enable CSM to pop up suggestions that help a member of your CSM Admin group to correctly map Collaborati vendor records to your vendor contacts.
- For each authorized vendor, you can optionally restrict the billing codes that they would be able to use (by default, all your invoice line item categories will be available to all vendors).
- You can deactivate any vendor at any time. Once deactivated, the vendor would not be able to continue submitting invoices electronically.
- Once the vendor records are mapped and activated in TeamConnect, each vendor will receive a notification inviting them to register for Collaborati.
For each authorized vendor, you may be required to authorize new timekeeper records from Collaborati, mapping them to your existing contact cards (depending on how you have chosen to maintain timekeeper contact cards in TeamConnect). If this is the case, you will be notified once a vendor has registered and submitted timekeepers for your authorization.
- You can optionally use the Default Rates tab to set up a structure to easily specify various levels of rates (based on task codes or timekeeper categories). You can also view expense unit prices.
- The global-level default settings can be overridden by rates specification at the vendor level or further at the timekeeper level.
- These rates will be used for invoice validation based on the out-of-the-box e-billing Rules (see Viewing Invoice Validation Rule Settings).
- You can optionally use the Payments tab if your TeamConnect invoices are updated with payment information from your Accounts Payable system, and you would like to share the payment information with your vendors.
- You can optionally activate any or all of the out-of-the-box e-billing rules that have been created based on most common billing guidelines. These rules provide validation against your established timekeeper rates, expense unit prices, as well as duplicate charges, unauthorized charges (for example, charges for work performed on a closed matter, as established in your guidelines), etc.
- Budget request information is available in TeamConnect by clicking the Budgets link under the Finance tab in global navigation. You might also want to add budget request information to other parts of the user interface, such as the pages that display information about your legal matters. Doing so requires a few manual steps:
- In Documents, navigate to Top Level / System / Screens.
- Locate block file BudgetRequestSearchMatter.xml and copy this file.
- Navigate to the Screens folder of whatever custom object definition represents your legal matters.
- Paste the file into that folder.
- In Designer, open that custom object definition and add the block file to one or more object views.