- Subscribe to CSM. For details, contact your Mitratech account manager. CSM users may need to install Legal Matter Management prior to CSM installation, if desired (see below).
- Provide your Mitratech account manager with an email address at your organization to be used for notifications related to CSM setup.
- Provide your Mitratech account manager with a list of vendors to add to e-billing. The list must contain each vendor's country code, default currency, name, Tax Id, address, and a vendor contact person's email address so that vendors can receive email notifications related to Collaborati registration.
You can add additional vendors at any time by contacting your Mitratech account manager.
- Create a contact record in TeamConnect for each vendor. Verify that each vendor's contact has been added as an involved party, in active status, to the appropriate matter records.
- Before running CSM Synchronization, your TeamConnect developers must review any new or existing custom Invoice rules to avoid conflict with CSM behavior.
- If creation of an e-invoice in TeamConnect fails due to a rule triggered on Create, the invoice is rejected. For example, if a validation rule requires an (otherwise optional) invoice field to be populated, an e-invoice might not comply. In this case, the e-invoice will be auto-rejected for the Collaborati vendor with the Rule Action error message displayed in the Comments to Vendor field.
- If creation of an e-invoice in TeamConnect fails due to a run-time error in a custom rule, the invoice is rejected. The CSM business admin will receive email notification about the error condition.
- If an e-invoice has been created in TeamConnect but then fails to post due to a rule triggered on Update or Post, CSM will continue to attempt to auto-post the invoice in TeamConnect until the error is fixed (for example, a rule is fixed or turned off). The CSM business admin will receive email notification about the failure to post.
- Verify that TeamConnect's task codes, expense codes, activity codes, and non-US tax categories that are used for CSM and Collaborati reflect the values you want your vendors to use in the invoices by doing the following:
- Click the Setup link from the upper right area of TeamConnect.
- Select Object Definitions from the Go To drop-down list.
- Next to the Invoice object, click + and then click the Line Item object. The Line Item object definition screen is displayed.
- Click the Task Categories tab.
- Verify that the appropriate task codes are displayed in the Task Code column.
- Click the Expense Categories tab.
- Verify that the appropriate expense codes display in the Expense Code column.
- From the TeamConnect Admin menu, select Lookup Tables from the Go To drop-down list.
- On the System tab of the Lookup Tables screen, select Activity Items from the Show items belonging to drop-down list.
- Verify that the appropriate activity codes are displayed in the Activity Code column.
- For Non-US Tax Categories, return to the Object Definitions screen. Click Invoice.
- Select the Non-US Tax Categories tab.
- Verify that the appropriate Non-US Tax Categories are displayed in the Tax Code column. Note that Tax Codes will vary by the selected Non-US Tax Category node.
- If you modify or add any Task Codes, Expense Codes, or Activity Codes use the Line Item Codes Mapping Tool.
- Verify that CSM administrators (members of the CSM Admin user group who set up your CSM configuration) have sufficient security rights to view the necessary contact records.
For example, if a vendor's contact record has a security setting of Private, the CSM administrator will not have Read rights and cannot establish the necessary relationship between the contact record and the corresponding involved party record.
In this scenario, you could grant the Super user type to the CSM user, which includes Read permissions to private contacts. For details on granting rights, see the TeamConnect Administration Guide.
- For new TeamConnect installations, determine the appropriate time zone to use for the Date Received field of invoice records. This field is time zone independent--it displays the date using TeamConnect's system time zone, not the end-user's time zone. For example, if TeamConnect's Time Zone field (on the Admin Settings / Region page) is set to GMT (the default), the Date Received field will display GMT time, even if the user's time zone preferences are set to EST.
For existing TeamConnect installations, it is recommended that you not change TeamConnect's Time Zone field on the system settings screen, because this may cause confusion regarding the time zone of original time stamp. That is, if you change the system Time Zone setting, the existing data is not updated.
The following steps include business and technical prerequisites: