You can perform the following tasks when working with matters:
- Viewing Matter Records—Open and view the areas and elements on the matter page.
- Creating or Editing Matters—Create a matter using a wizard, manually, or by copying an existing matter.
- Changing Matter Phases—Select the phase that moves the matter along from the beginning to the end of the project, such as Intake when a matter record is started, and ending with Closed when the matter reaches its conclusion.
Advice and Council Matters
- Advice and Counsel Matters—Manage Advice and Counsel matters.
Dispute and Transaction Matters
- Assigning Matters—Manage users who are assigned to matters.
- Managing Invoices and Expenses—Manage the incoming billing for a matter.
- Creating a Matter Expense Record—Manage the expenditures for a matter.
- Creating or Editing Narratives—Enter or edit large amounts of textual details for a matter.
- Managing Supplemental Information—View and edit events and details that can occur during a Dispute, such as allegations, violations, and discovery sanctions.
- Managing Related Advice and Counsel Matters—View, add, or edit Advice and Counsel matters that are related to Dispute or Transaction matters. You can also use this page to create a new Advice and Counsel matter and relate it to a Dispute or Transaction matter.
Dispute Matters Only
- Entering or Editing Dispute Damages—View, enter, or edit information about Dispute damages, such as compensatory, medical, personal injury, property, and punitive damages.
- Entering or Editing Dispute Negotiations—View, enter, or edit Dispute negotiation information, including demand and offer information.
- Managing Dispute Dispositions—View, enter or edit information about awards and the outcome of Dispute dispositions.
- Entering or Editing Dispute Allegations or Violations—Enter or change information about Dispute allegations and violations, including name, type, and description information.
- Entering or Editing Dispute Sanctions—Enter or change Dispute sanction information, including name, type, and description information.
- Creating a Dispute Subpoena—Create a subpoena record that is related to the selected Dispute record.
- Adding a Dispute Jurisdiction—Link a court and a judge to the Dispute record and enter the docket number so that this information is readily available from within the Dispute record.
Transaction Matters Only
- Entering or Editing Transaction Liabilities and Assets—Create or edit Transaction liability and asset information for a Transaction matter.
- Entering or Editing Transaction Provisions—Create or edit provision information for a Transaction matter.
- Entering or Editing Transaction Terms—Create or edit terms for a Transaction matter.