Editing a Document Property
Important: Do not edit or remove properties from any objects other than Document objects. If necessary, you can rename certain matter properties to match with eCounsel configuration, but do not change the data type of the properties.
To modify a document property:
- In the navigation pane of the M-Files Admin Tool, expand the Local Computer and Document Vaults nodes.
- Expand the node for your document vault and expand the Metadata Structure (Flat View) node for that vault.
- Click the Property Definitions node. The Property Definitions pane appears on the right.
- To sort the objects by object type, click the Object Type column header.
- Scroll to the Document object types.
- Double-click the document property you want to edit.
- You can change the name and data type, and the change will be made in all classes that use that property.
- Click OK.