When viewing a Document Vault tab in eCounsel, the user can add a new column to the grid by right-clicking the column header row and choosing to insert new columns. However, this action only changes the grid on that matter’s page.
To add a column to the display results for all matters:
- Open the M-Files Desktop Client as an Administrator.
- Type a basic search in the search bar and click the blue arrow to display results.
- On the results grid, right-click the column headers and choose Insert Column. For example, you can add a column for Type (Class).
- The new column appears on the left-hand side of the grid. To change the location, drag and drop the column name to the desired location.
- After the columns are arranged as desired, right-click the results page and click Save as common display settings.
Note that this will permanently change the grid in both the Web interface and Desktop clients, for all users.