What are Lookup Tables used for?
To align the LegalHold application with each business's needs, system administrators can customize, add, edit, and delete the options that appear in several of the dropdown menus in the system. The values that are added to the Lookup Tables will appear in select dropdown menus across LegalHold.
Important Note: Lookup table values (entries) cannot be edited or deleted if they are assigned to a record.
Customize the lookup tables
- Log in as a system administrator then navigate to System Settings and select Manage Lookup Tables.
- The tabs across the top of the page are the names of dropdown menus (lookup tables) that can be edited in LegalHold. Select a category to begin editing the menu options.
- Click the Add New button to add a value to the table. Any value added will appear in the respective dropdown menu after changes are saved.
- Reorder the values by using the arrows in the Actions column.
- Click the Pencil icon in the Actions column to edit an existing value.