2016 March - Documents and Searching
This webinar teaches users the different methods to upload documents and how to locate them in Lawtrac.
Documents can be uploaded via multiple methods including Drag N Drop, from the matter record, and the document list section.
- Drag N Drop - Drag files from your machine directly to the matter screen and add multiple documents at 1 time. Feature is located on the matter page.
- Matter Record - Allows for version control options as well as adding document category, author, keywords, document synopsis, etc.
- Document List - section for documents that are not matter related.
SEARCHING FOR DOCUMENTS
Documents can be searched for via Quick Find, Super Search, and Document Bank.
- Quick Find – search is accessible from the top right hand side of the page at all times. Best when looking for a familiar document.
- Super Search – Located under the Matters tab. Search results can be saved for later access.
- Document Bank – Search allows for full-text searching within documents and searching across meta-data fields.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Send documents via email to users in the system from the document page in a matter
- Documents can be emailed to any email address via the document bank
- Routing Slips are an alternative to emailing documents out for approval
- Admins can disable users’ ability to access the document list (document bank), use drag n drop, and email documents from matter records