Indexing can be performed automatically via an Automated Indexing Watched Folder. Once configured, files can be copied (or moved) to the Watched Folder which is monitored by the DataStoreDSX Service. When files are detected in the Watched Folder, they are Indexed against the configured Data Definition and then deleted from the Watched Folder.
Licence required: Automated Indexing requires a licence. If you do not see the options described here, contact firstname.lastname@example.org about purchasing a licence.
- In the tree view, expand Configuration and select Automated Indexing Options.
- Select the Enable Indexing tick-box.
- From the Base Folders pane, click New and browse to the base directory which contains all the Automated Indexing Watched Folders you will be using. For example, you might have a base folder C:\Automated Indexing watched folders which contains sub- directories named after each of the Data Definitions you are using for Automated Indexing from Watched Folders.
- In the User text box, enter the user name of the user you want to be displayed in the Audit Logs as performing the Automated Indexing. If you enter an invalid user name, DataStore®DSX will use the user name you are currently logged in as.
- In the Watched Folders section, click New to open the Watched Folder Configuration window.
- To enable the Watched Folder, select the option Enable this watched folder.
- Select the Choose Watched Folder button and, in the Choose Watched Folder window, navigate to and select, the required watched folder. In this example, the base folder is C:\Automated Indexing watched folders and you have a Data Definition named Statement, so create the directory C:\Automated Indexing watched folders\Statement and then set this as the Watched Folder.
Caution: All items successfully imported into DataStore®DSX and Indexed are immediately deleted from the Watched Folder.
- Click the Choose Data Definition button and, in the Data Definition Selection window, navigate to and select the required Data Definition (Statement in this example).
- Enter a File pattern for which to search. In this example, the bank statements which will be imported and Indexed are all text files so enter the pattern *.txt.
- If required, in the Flag File (Optional): text box, enter a flag file description. This enables you to delay importing the files until a particular Flag File is found. This is useful if you are downloading a set of files and don’t want to start importing them until the entire set has been successfully downloaded. You would download the required files to the configured Watched Folder location, then copy the Flag File. Once the Flag File is detected, importing starts, the downloaded files are Indexed and the Flag File is deleted. For example, enter start.start here and then create a text file called start.start and, when you are ready for the Automated Indexing to begin, copy this file to the Watched Folder. For the Flag File, enter start.start.
Note: The file patterns for the Flag File (if configured) and the File pattern must not overlap. For example, you will not be allowed to configure a File pattern of *.txt and a Flag File of start.txt because the Flag File start.txt would also match the File pattern.
- In this example, do not set any values for Pre-conversion Configuration.
- Click OK to exit the Watched Folder Configuration window and then click Save to save the Automated Indexing Options settings.
- Copy (or move) the bank statements to the Watched Folder C:\Automated Indexing watched folders\Statement. When you are ready for the Automated Indexing to begin, copy the flag file you created (start.start in this example) to the same location.
- The files are removed from the Watched Folder. To check they have been imported and Indexed successfully, open Searching Client and select the Statement Search Template. Search for the data you have just imported to make sure it was successful.