Rules make sharing and assigning matters easy. By creating rules, you can automatically share matters with a particular client user or assign matters to a particular firm user as soon as the matters are entered into Viewabill.
You can have only one rule for each client ID, and only one client ID per rule. If you have an existing rule that you want to apply to another client ID, you can duplicate the rule.
To create a new rule:
- On the Rules page, click the Add Rule button at the bottom of the list or the Add Rule icon near the search field.
- Type a name for the rule.
- Type a description (optional). This description appears on the list of rules on the Rules page.
- Either type a client ID, or click the link to search existing client IDs by name and select a client ID from the list.
- Select if you want to Share Matters with client users, or Assign Matters to firm users.
- If you are sharing matters with client users, select Share Matters with, click the client user field and select the users from the list, and select the appropriate permissions. If you are assigning matters to firm users, select Assign Matters to, click the firm user field, and select the users from the list.
- To add another routing selection, click the Add icon (the plus sign inside the circle).
- If you want to run the rule on previously existing matters, select the checkbox at the bottom of the page to include those matters in a one-time process.
- Click Next.
- Review your selections and verify the actions are routing the correct matters to the correct users and then click Save.
Now any matter that is entered into Viewabill with the specified client ID is automatically shared with or assigned to the specified user. The rule now appears on the Rules page.
Note: Only administrators can perform these tasks.