Before you can receive information from a firm, you must be connected with the firm. Administrators can connect to a firm in two ways:
- Send an invitation to the firm
- Accept an invitation from a firm
Note: Only administrators can perform these tasks.
To send an invitation to connect to a firm:
- Open the Firms page and click the Connect With Firm button at the bottom of the list of firms. Alternatively, you can click the Connect to Firm icon found on most pages.
- On the Connect to Firms dialog box, type the following:
- Attorney’s First Name
- Attorney’s Last Name
- Attorney’s Email Address
- Connection Code (optional)
- Select the checkbox if you would like Viewabill Concierge to follow up with and help the attorney connect matters to accounts on Viewabill.
- Click Proceed. The invitation is sent to the firm.
To accept an invitation from a firm:
- Open the Firms page and click the Pending Invitations Received tab.
- In the Actions column, click the Accept icon.
To withdraw an invitation to a firm:
- Open the Firms page and click the Pending Sent Invitations tab.
- In the Actions column, click the Withdraw icon.
- On the dialog box, confirm by clicking Withdraw Invitation.
To disconnect with a firm:
- Open the Firm Detail page.
- Click the gear icon to the right of the firm name and select Disconnect.
- Confirm by clicking the Disconnect Firm button on the dialog box. The connection between your company and the firm is now disconnected. You are no longer able to view matters associated with the firm.