TeamConnect Upgrades Included Hosted Client
Environment Refresh Best Practices and Suggestions
1. Note that when refresh of Production data down to a lower environment is accomplished, the data and configs in the lower environment will be replaced. This means if there is any configuration work you have been doing in this lower environment that you want to save, you will need to copy those configurations down BEFORE the refresh to preserve those items.
2. Integrations – Note that any integrations between TeamConnect and third-party applications might be affected by the refresh of PROD to the lower environment. Before the refresh, save any integration settings from the lower environment that you want to replace after refresh. Any integrations that have PROD “pointers” or references located in the integration settings will mean that those settings will then appear after the refresh of PROD to the lower environment. Remember after the refresh to change those “pointers” or configs that refer to PROD to reflect the lower environment.
3. TC Document considerations – Hosting will copy over system documents to the lower environment(s) since these documents are integral to the functionality of customizations in TC. These are documents in the “Top Level / System” folder and subfolders. The remainder of the documents will not be copied to the lower instance.
4. Do you have SSO and use SAML? A user with access to documents needs to back up the files in these directories in the lower instance. They should also take note of the folder structure, and if needed, re-create the paths and add the files back in the lower instance after the maintenance is complete:
5. Outgoing mail server: Hosting will disable the outgoing mail server in the lower environments to prevent emails from being sent.
6. Replace email addresses in contacts: Hosting will run a script to replace valid email addresses with “dummy” email addresses to prevent notifications from accidentally going out from the lower environment. You will need to replace the “dummy” email addresses with valid email addresses for testing. You can change the email addresses in contacts for only those items you want to test.
7. The Hosting team will disable all Scheduled Actions in the lower environment.
8. Remember that the database refresh means all users would need to use their credentials from PROD to log into the lower environment.
BEFORE THE REFRESH
1. Copy any configuration work you want to save from the lower environment.
2. Save any integration settings in the lower environment you would want to replace after refresh.
3. Back up the files referenced in #4 and note the folder structure those files are in.
AFTER THE REFRESH
1. Production integration settings will be in place in the lower environment after refresh. Replace any integration settings with the ones you saved for the lower environment before refresh to make those integrations work for testing purposes.
2. Replace the SSO files you copied from Step 4. Recreate the folder structure if it is gone. SSO will not work in the lower environment until this is done.
3. Remember you will need to enable any scheduled action for testing purposes since the refresh would have disabled those.
4. Remember you would need to enable the outgoing SMTP server to test outgoing emails.
5. Remember you would need to replace any “dummy” email address with a valid email address for testing purposes.