The purpose of this webinar is to teach users how to create new reports, edit out of the box reports, and schedule reports to run on a periodic basis.
CREATE A NEW REPORT
TIPS AND TRICKS
Searching vs Reporting
- When to use Searching
- If real-time results are needed
- If desired results include a one-to-many relationship
- Single object reporting
- When to use Reporting
- If graphical results are needed
- If you would like for results to be generated automatically
- If desired results include cross-object data If you need to export the report
- If the report contains a significant amount of data
Define your report requirements before going into the application:
- What do you want the final report to look like?
- Work backwards from the end result on a sheet of paper
- Include all the fields you want contained in your final report
- How do you want the data sorted?
- What type of chart do you want to use?