Adding Expenses to Projects
Use the Expenses page for a project to manage the cost of merchandise or services that are necessary to conduct your business.
You may associate several expense items to a project. All expenses fall into one of the following categories:
- Project expenses, such as the cost of sending an investigator to a location out-of-town, or the cost of dinner for the project team when they work late.
- Global expenses, such as the cost of office supplies, or the cost of hiring contractors to paint the corporate offices.
Once you create expenses, you can post them against the appropriate accounts and track expenses by project and vendor. See Expenses for more information.
The procedure for creating expenses is the same as it is when you are working with expenses in the Finance area.
To create an expense for a project
- Search for a project and open it.
- In the left pane, click the Invoices/Expenses link.
- To continue, see Creating or Editing an Expense.