Create A New Role And Deny Access To A Folder
This example assumes your PolicyHub library contains three folders: Policies, Questionnaires and Tests. These top‐level folders can have sub‐folders.
Select Roles from the menu on the left.
Create A New Role
- Click the Create button to create a new Role. The New Role dialog is displayed.
- Enter the name of the new Role in the Role name box. In this example, enter Users (limited folder access).
- If required, enter a description in the Role description box.
- Press OK to save the Role or Cancel to close the dialog without saving the new Role.
Changing The Access Permissions For The New Role
In this example, the members of the Role Users (limited folder access) have the following permissions:
- Library – Read/Write
- Rule management – Read
- Test management – Read
- Recipient lists – Read/Write/Reports
- User management – Read/Report
- Role management – Read
- Creation of folders in the root of the library – No Write permission
- Logs and auditing – No Read permission
- Report management – Read/Write/Reports Send review publications – Write
- Send standard publications – Write
- All the permissions for the new Role are enabled.
- Click on the green icon for Library for the Report permission. It turns red showing the Report permission is now denied.
- Click on the green icon for the Write permission for Rule management. It turns red showing the Write permission for Rule management is now denied.
- In a similar way, turn off permissions for the following modules:
- Test management – Write
- User management – Write
- Role management – Write
- Creation of folders in the root of the library – Write
- Logs and auditing – Read
- Click Save to save the changes.
Add Users To The New Role
A PolicyHub User can belong to one Role only. In this example, some of the members of the standard Role Users will be moved to the new Role Users (limited folder access).
- Select Users from the menu on the left to display the User management page.
- Locate the Users you want to add to the new Role. This can be done by searching for names and then dragging the required Users to the Role on the left. Alternatively, expand the Groups tree until you locate the Group containing the User you want to add to the new Role. In this example, some of the Users in the Role User will be moved to the new Role. Select the Role User in the Groups and Roles pane.
- Consecutive Users can be selected by selecting the first User, and, while holding down the Shift key, selecting the last User in the list. Non‐consecutive Users can be selected by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking on the Users. Drag and drop the selected User(s) to the new Role Users (limited folder access).
- Select the new Role Users (limited folder access) in the Groups and Roles pane to check all the required Users have been moved to the new Role.
Deny Access To A Folder
On the Role Management page, you can also set up a Role’s access permissions to particular folders in the PolicyHub library. In this example, the Users belonging to the Role Users (limited folder access) do not have access to the Questionnaire folder in the PolicyHub library.
- Select Roles from the menu on the left.
- Select the Role Users (limited folder access). Right‐click on the folder Questionnaires and select Deny access from the menu. The folder colour changes from yellow to grey to indicate the members of the selected Role do not have access to the Questionnaires folder.
- Click Save to save the changes.
The members of the selected Role will now be denied access to the selected PolicyHub Library folders.