Categories are assigned to publications that have been published with the review and approval procedure described in “Workflow Designs”.
Note: Categories are available depending on your PolicyHub system licence.
To create a Category, first select Categories from the main menu on the left of the page.
Note: A Category can only be created and saved by a User with Category management Write permissions, see “Category Management”.
- At the bottom right of the main screen click on the Create button.
The Category settings pane is displayed.
- In the Name text box enter a name for the Category. The name must be unique; you cannot create two Categories with the same name.
- In the Description text box, enter an explanation for the Category, if required.
- In the Owner field, select the ... icon.
See “Category Assigned Owners” for further information on Owners.
- A Select users required window will open where you can select Category owners. The Select users required window behaves in a similar manner to the “Recipient Lists”.
After selecting the owner from the Select users required window, select the Save button which will return you to the Category settings pane.
- To remove the Owners from the list select Clear.
- From the drop down list in Workflow Designs, choose the Workflow you want the Category to be linked to. “Workflow Designs” provides a detailed description of Workflow Designs.
- From the drop down list in Re‐review Workflow Design, you can optionally select a Workflow Design to schedule for re‐review, see “Workflow Re‐review Schedule”.
Workflow Re‐review Schedule
A Category has an optional selection to re‐review library items associated with the Category. The selection determines the frequency for the re‐review. The re‐review can be configured to once, or at various weekly, monthly or yearly intervals for a defined period of time.
The default setting is once.
When once is selected, click in the Starting on box to open a calendar. Select the date and the time.
Note: The Starting on value must always be later than the current date value.
Click Done when you have configured the required date and time.
When weekly is selected, you can set a value for Repeat after a set number of week(s) and you can select the days of the week you want the re‐review to be started. For example, to start a re‐review every other Monday, set Repeat after a set number of week(s) to 2 and select Monday.
When monthly is selected, you can select the months you want the re‐review to be sent. The re‐review can then be sent on specified weeks of the month, or on specified calendar days of the month.
When week of the month is selected, the re‐review can be sent out on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th or Last week of the month on the specified days of the week. When calendar day(s) in the month is selected, one or more calendar days can be entered in the text box.
A comma must be used to separate multiple values.
When yearly is selected, click in the Starting on box to open a calendar. Select the date and the time required.
You can set the re‐review frequency in the Repeat after a set number of month(s) field. In the example below the re‐review will be sent 2 years (24 months) after the Starting on date and time at midnight on the 12th July 2018.
Click Done when you have configured the required date, time and re‐review repetition.
Weekly, monthly or yearly re‐reviews can be left to run indefinitely, or you can configure an end date for the schedule. To set an end date, click in the and ending on (optional) text box and select a date from the pop‐up calendar. Click Done when you have selected the required date. The schedule ends at the end of the selected day.
Complete the required weekly, monthly or yearly re‐review Schedule details, as required. When you have completed your selection, click in the Save button.
If the Name field is not entered, the following pop‐up will open:
Select Close and enter the missing name in the Name field.
A Category name must be unique. If the same name is used (even varying by upper and lower case text) PolicyHub will prevent the Category being saved and the following prompt will open:
Correct the naming error and select the Save button again.
The newly created Category is then added to the main pane in alphabetical order.
Select a Category from the main pane. The Name and Description will appear in the Category settings right pane.
To edit the Category, type the changes required in the Name and Description fields and select Save.
Note: You must have write permissions to edit a Category see “Category Management”.
Categories can be sorted by clicking on the column titles Name, Description, Created. Clicking on a column title once will sort the data into numerical/alphabetical order. Clicking on the column title again will reverse the order of the data in that column.
All columns can be sorted in ascending and descending order.
Select an existing Category from the categories pane.
Right click on the Category or alternatively, select the drop down option at the end of the row.
Select Delete category. A prompt will ask if want to delete the Category:
- Select Yes to delete.
- Select No to return to the categories pane and cancel the deletion.
Where a Category has already been assigned to one or more folders or documents, it is denoted with a locked Icon. In the example below, the Team Leader Category is locked.
If you delete an assigned Category then the folders and documents will no longer be set to use that Category. Any imposed review and approval Workflows or scheduled Re‐review Workflows will no longer be applied to the documents currently assigned to this Category. All documents uploaded to these folders will be approved automatically.
Note: You will see a warning message advising you that the Category assignment will change if you delete the assigned Category.
Category Assigned Owners
An Owner is the person responsible for the policy. A policy Owner grants a user particular permissions that expands on the basic role settings described in “Roles”.
The Owner list is a recipient list that is private to ownership and to the Workflow Review and Approval process. It can be configured when creating a Category.
An Owner is a list of users that are permitted to edit, publish and request comments for a policy, based on their role assignment. If an Owner list is not specified in a Category then it is the set of Users that are deemed the Owners of the policy.
Owner assignment is selected from the Category settings pane, see “Create Category”.
Policies inherit ownership from the Category they are assigned to. If the policies aren't assigned a Category, or their Category does not specify an ownership then they are owned by the set of Users that have access rights to edit and publish them in the library (See “Document Library Folder Access”, “Send Standard Publications”, “Send Review Publications”, as well as the permissions for the folder containing the policy).
Ownership provides the following permissions (for documents, tests and questionnaires):
- Publishing a document, test or questionnaire.
- Send a request for comment (using “Reviews”) for a document, test or questionnaire.
- Send for Review and Approval.
- Create a new policy (via upload or template).
- Create a new test or questionnaire.
- Copy questionnaire.
- Create a new template.
- Edit an existing document (via upload or edit).
- Edit or create a new revision of an existing test or questionnaire.
- Edit an existing template.
- Delete a document, test or questionnaire.
- Activate a revision of a document, test or questionnaire (if allowed).
- Cancel / restart a process.
- Retract / recall a policy.
- Retract / recall a publication containing only policies they own.
- Resend publication to all non‐complied Users.
- Manage associated tests.
- Configure review schedule.
- Edit policy / revision meta‐data.
Note: Policy ownership does not control who can view the policies. This is determined by role permissions, see “Roles”.