I-539 Online e-File
US Form Supported via Chrome Extensions
Written by Leigh Bordelon
Updated over a week ago
Users may file Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status, online if the petitioner is applying as a single applicant (without co-applicants, or legal or accredited representation) to extend their stay and hold status as a:
- B-1 temporary visitor for business;
- B-2 temporary visitor for pleasure;
- F-1 academic student with a specific status expiration date;
- F-2 spouse or child of an academic student with a specific status expiration date;
- H-4 spouse or child of an H temporary worker;
- M-1 vocational student; or
- M-2 spouse or child of an M-1 vocational student.
F-2, H-4 and M-2 Non-immigrants
If the petitioner is in the U.S. with F-2, H-4 or M-2 non-immigrant status and want to extend their stay, compare the expiration date on their Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record with the spouse or parent’s F, H, or M Form I-94. If the expiration dates on both forms are:
- Different, they may apply online as an individual.
- The same, they many not apply online.
To use the online submission:
- Once you have completed the questionnaires, go to the Forms workspace at case level.
- Fill the form and save it.
- Click the e-file link in the actions menu (Note: another tab will open in your browser. Keep tab open until you have completed to submitting the E form.)
- Login to your USCIS account
- Enter the verification code
- Select File a form online
- Select Application to Extend or Change Non-immigrant Status (I-539)
- Use the drop-down menu to select your current non-immigrant status and continue until the form is completed