Skip to main content
Mitratech Success Center

INSZoom:-I-539 Online e-File

Learn how to E-File I-539 Online

I-539 Online e-File

US Form Supported via Chrome Extensions

Written by Leigh Bordelon

Updated over a week ago

Users may file Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status, online if the petitioner is applying as a single applicant (without co-applicants, or legal or accredited representation) to extend their stay and hold status as a:

  • B-1 temporary visitor for business;
  • B-2 temporary visitor for pleasure;
  • F-1 academic student with a specific status expiration date;
  • F-2 spouse or child of an academic student with a specific status expiration date;
  • H-4 spouse or child of an H temporary worker;
  • M-1 vocational student; or
  • M-2 spouse or child of an M-1 vocational student.

F-2, H-4 and M-2 Non-immigrants

If the petitioner is in the U.S. with F-2, H-4 or M-2 non-immigrant status and want to extend their stay, compare the expiration date on their Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record with the spouse or parent’s F, H, or M Form I-94. If the expiration dates on both forms are:

  • Different, they may apply online as an individual.
  • The same, they many not apply online.

To use the online submission:

  1. Once you have completed the questionnaires, go to the Forms workspace at case level.
  2. Fill the form and save it.
  3. Click the e-file link in the actions menu (Note: another tab will open in your browser. Keep tab open until you have completed to submitting the E form.)
  4. Login to your USCIS account  
  5. Enter the verification code  
  6. Select File a form online
  7. Select Application to Extend or Change Non-immigrant Status (I-539)  
  8. Use the drop-down menu to select your current non-immigrant status and continue until the form is completed  
  9. Submit.


  • Was this article helpful?