DataStore®DSX comprises three applications:
- Management Studio
- Indexing Studio
- Searching Client
Management Studio is used to manage:
- Access Control Lists
- Custom Field Types
- Data Definitions
- Search Templates
- System Locks
Management Studio is also used for:
- Automated Indexing – the process of importing and storing documents which have index fields whose information is automatically obtained from the document.
- Auditing – the process of analysing the change history and the use of Data Definitions and Search Templates.
Indexing Studio is used for:
- Scanning documents into DataStore®DSX
- Importing documents into DataStore®DSX
- Extracting barcode information from imported or scanned documents and either storing this data or using it to determine how scanned documents should be collated.
- Storing documents with data (which is either provided manually by a user or which is automatically extracted from the document) which can later be used to retrieve specific documents or pages from the Searching Client application.
Searching Client is used for:
- Searching documents stored in DataStore®DSX for specific data (which was stored when the document was imported or scanned in Indexing Studio) to enable the retrieval of specific documents or pages.