You can edit an invoice before it has been submitted to the client for approval. Complete the following procedure to modify your invoice.
- Search for the invoice to modify. The Invoice Preview screen opens.
- On the Invoice Preview screen, review the invoice for any errors.
- Click the Edit Header link to open the Header screen and make changes to the Header section of the invoice.
- Click the Edit Line Items link to open the Line Items screen. Click the pencil icon for the individual line item to edit. The line item information is displayed at the top of the screen.
- Click the Edit Taxes & Discounts link to open the Taxes & Discounts screen and make adjustments to the Taxes & Discounts section of the invoice
- Click Save. The Invoice Preview screen is re-displayed.
Note: For information about taxes, see How do I add taxes to line items in an invoice?.