You can define retention policies for invoices, budget requests, and rate requests. See Retention Policies for Invoices or Retention Policies for Budget Requests and Rate Requests for more information.
Retention Policies for Invoices
You can decide how long invoices and related information will be stored in Collaborati by adjusting your data retention setting on your Firm Profile screen.
- After invoice creation (if not submitted to client) the recent activity information for invoice uploads should be retained,
- Admin audit logs should be retained.
Here's how to set your preference:
- Access the Firm Profile screen by selecting the Admin tab from anywhere in the application. The Firm Profile screen opens displaying your firm's preferences.
- Click on the Settings sub-navigation link at the top of the screen.
- For Delete approved and rejected invoices from the system after: x days: Enter the number of days that invoices and related information should be stored (minimum is 10 days, maximum is 90 days). The default is 30 days.
The retention period begins after an invoice's final Invoice Status changes to one of the following: Approved, Paid, or Rejected.
Note: If your client enabled Payment sharing then the retention period for an approved invoice will not start until its final Invoice Status changes to Paid or Rejected. Otherwise if Payment sharing is disabled by the client then the retention period for an invoice will start after its final Invoice Status changes to Approved or Rejected.
After the specified number or days, all information will be deleted from the database.
Retention Policies for Budget Requests and Rate Requests
Adjust your data retention settings to determine how long Collaborati stores budget requests, rate requests, and related information for each.
To set data retention settings
- Access the Firm Profile screen by selecting the Admin tab.
- Click the Settings sub-navigation link at the top of the screen.
- Enter a number for the following fields to determine how many days Collaborati stores a budget request or rate request and related information after a client approves or cancels it:
- Delete approved or canceled budget requests from the system after
- Delete approved or canceled rate requests from the system after
After the specified number of days, Collaborati deletes all information for the request from the database.