Client setup involves reviewing your client's billing codes and Non-US Tax codes, and optionally associating your firms' codes equivalents, and adding/assigning timekeepers to the client record.
You can complete client setup in one of the following ways:
- Complete client setup through the wizard that appears after you register your firm's account and create an administrator account related to your firm's account
- Complete the client setup task by clicking the Please complete setup for client link from the Collaborati home page, Messages section
- Select the Complete Client Setup button from the Clients tab
Note: The Complete Client Setup button only displays if initial setup for a client hasn't been completed.
Complete the following after client setup:
- If you choose to upload LEDES invoices, the application will ask you to enter an internal code for this client. Enter one or more internal client codes (separated by a comma) and click Next.
- The application will display client-authorized Task (Fee), Expense and Activity billing codes on the screen (if applicable). Client-authorized Non-US Tax codes will also display.
- If you are submitting LEDES invoices, your Time & Billing system may be using different codes. If this is the case, you can indicate your internal billing code equivalent for each applicable code, for each sub-set. By default, it is assumed that you use client codes in your invoices.
- Click Next.
- Select how you will be adding Timekeepers:
- by uploading a list of timekeepers (see How do I upload multiple timekeepers?)
- by entering or assigning individual timekeepers to the client (see How do I assign existing timekeepers to a new client?)
- When you have finished assigning or uploading your timekeepers, click Next.
- Verify the summary information listed on the screen. Click Finish when you are satisfied with the information stored in your client record.